- Recipe Serves: 4
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 5 min
- 4 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 4 cups hot cooked broccoli florets
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in 1-quart saucepan over medium-low heat and cook garlic, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice, lemon peel, pepper and broth combined with cornstarch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Pour sauce over hot broccoli and garnish, if desired, with lemon wedges.
Main-Dish Recipe Tip: Add hot cooked shrimp or cut-up cooked chicken for lemony entree.
VEGETARIAN TIP: Simply swap chicken broth for vegetable broth!
See nutrition information for sodium content.
Cost per recipe*: $2.78.
Cost per serving*: $0.70.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin C||170 %|
|Vitamin A||60 %|