Make It Yours™ Cookie Recipe-Apple for the Teacher
Country Crock's® family-friendly Apple for the Teacher cookie recipe makes a great baked gift that will be an instant classroom favorite!
- Makes 4 1/2 dozen
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 10 min
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Country Crock® Baking Sticks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 bag (12 oz.) HERSHEY'S® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp. PLUS 2 TSP. water
- Red food coloring
- Small round green candies, cut in half
- For COOKIES, preheat oven to 375°. Beat Country Crock® Baking Sticks, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Beat in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips until every spoonful of dough has some of the chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart. Lightly press dough with dampened fingers to flatten.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
- For GLAZE/DECORATIONS, stir confectioners sugar and water in bowl until smooth. Remove some to another bowl and set aside. Tint remaining red with red food coloring. Spread red glaze over cookies. Add a raisin "stem" and a halved green candy "leaf". Let stand at least 20 minutes or until glaze starts to set.
- Spoon white glaze into resealable plastic bag. Snip off a small piece from one corner and pipe messages over cookies. Let stand until glaze sets.
Tip: For inspiration for other delicious mix-ins, see our Make it Yours Cookie Recipe.
|Portion||Per 1 cookie||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Portion||Per 1 cookie|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||50|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin D||0 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
|Vitamin A||0 %|