Glazed Banana Bread
- Recipe Serves: 12
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 1 hr
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup PLUS 1 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Brush 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with additional Country Crock® Spread; set aside.
- Combine mashed bananas, 1 cup Country Crock® Spread, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with wooden spoon. Stir in flour, almonds, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until blended. Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan and cool completely.
- To glaze, combine confectioners sugar, remaining 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Spread, melted, and 4 to 5 teaspoons warm water, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over top of bread.
TIP: To change it up, try one of the following delicious variations and bake as directed in recipe.
Butterscotch Banana Bread - Stir 1/2 cup butterscotch chips into batter.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread - Stir 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips into batter.
Peanut Butter Banana Bread - Stir 1 cup peanut butter chips into batter.
TIP: To ripen bananas quickly, put unpeeled bananas on baking sheet and bake at 350° 15 to 20 minutes until skins have blackened. Slice skins open and scoop out banana.
|Portion||1 serving||Servings Per Conatiner||Value||Amount Per Serving||Nutrient Type|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||100|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||52 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin C||4 %|
|Vitamin A||15 %|