Red Barn Sessions Sweepstakes
Presented by Country Crock® and iHeart
To enter and participate in this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. You must have Internet access and an active e-mail account and phone number to participate.
- Red Barn Sessions Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C. (excluding Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories), who are at least 18 years of age (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence, whichever is older) and who have an active e-mail account and Internet access and phone number from October 12, 2020, through January 31, 2021. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of iHeartMedia + Entertainment, Inc. (“IHM”) and Upfield US Inc. (including the Country Crock Brand, “Upfield” or “Administrator”) (collectively, “Sponsors”), any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering the Sweepstakes or supplying the prizes, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated companies, and the immediate family and household members of all such foregoing individuals are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. The potential prize winner may be required to provide proof of eligibility prior to prize award.
- Sweepstakes Entry: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01:00 a.m. ET on October 12, 2020, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 28, 2020 (“Promotion Period”). All times set out in these Official Rules are Eastern Time. Administrator’s computer is the official clock for the Sweepstakes.
During the Promotion Period, navigate the Internet to https://www.countrycrock.com/RedBarnSessionsSweepstakes (the “Website”). To submit an entry, complete the Sweepstakes entry form on the Website. You will be required to provide your full name, e-mail address and mobile/daytime phone number (which will only be used to contact the potential winner) (“Entry”).
Limit one (1) Entry per person during the Promotion Period (other than Bonus Entries), regardless of the number of e-mail addresses or Instagram accounts a person may have.
Multiple entries in excess of this limitation (other than Bonus Entries) or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of all entries by such person. Entries must be manually key stroked by the entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs and entries submitted by third parties on behalf of other individuals are prohibited. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Proof of entering information at the Website or in the entry form is not considered proof of delivery or receipt of such entry.
- Bonus Sweepstakes Entries (“Bonus Entries”): There are two (2) methods by which an entrant may receive Bonus Entries in the Sweepstakes as detailed below. No method requires a product purchase. Limit: a total of two (2) Bonus Entries per entrant.
i. Country Crock/Upfield Communications Opt-In: After you enter the Sweepstakes, each entrant will be presented with an option to consent to receive news, offers and promotions by e-mail, SMS and online advertising from Country Crock and other Upfield Brands (“Non-Sweepstakes Communications”). Consenting to receive these Non-Sweepstakes Communications is optional. Each entrant may receive one (1) Bonus Entry by opting to receive Non-Sweepstakes Communications from Country Crock and Upfield.
ii. Instagram Follow: After you enter the Sweepstakes, each entrant may receive one (1) Bonus Entry by following Country Crock’s account (@countrycrock) on Instagram by clicking on the “Follow” button when viewing Country Crock’s page while logged into Instagram. If you do not have an Instagram account, you may register for one for free at instagram.com.
Limit: Each entrant is limited to earning one (1) Bonus Entry by following Country Crock’s Instagram account regardless of how many Instagram accounts are assigned to the entrant. Multiple entrants may not use the same Instagram account to receive Bonus Entries via this method.
All actions necessary to receive Bonus Entries must be completed during the Promotion Period.
- Additional Terms: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsors’ control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsors reserve the right to conduct the Sweepstakes and award the prizes by means of a random drawing comprised of all eligible Entries and Bonus Entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsors or otherwise award the prizes in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and not award the prizes, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of the Sweepstakes will be posted on the Website. Without limitation of any other term here, Sponsors and their agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, technical failures of any kind (including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software), any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries or Bonus Entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSORS MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the Entry or Bonus Entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized account holder of the e-mail account included in the Entry or the e-mail account or Instagram account assigned to the entrant, in the case of Bonus Entries. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address or account by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address or account.
- Random Drawing and Odds: The potential winner (“Potential Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected via a random drawing, on or about December 30, 2020, from among all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period (including Bonus Entries received by entrants pursuant to Section 3 above). The random drawing will be conducted by Upfield whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the random drawing.
Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible Entries and Bonus Entries received during the Promotion Period.
Potential Winner Notification: The Potential Grand Prize Winner will be contacted by telephone and/or e-mail on or about January 6, 2021 by IHM. Failure to respond to the initial notification by phone call and/or e-mail within five (5) business days after initial notification to the Potential Grand Prize Winner will result in disqualification. In the initial notification or via a subsequent communication, the Potential Grand Prize Winner may be required to complete, sign and return within a specified time period: an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification; a Publicity Release (where allowed by law); a W-9 Form; and any other documentation required by Sponsors (collectively, “Winner Documents”). If the Potential Grand Prize Winner does not respond to the initial notification within five (5) business days as set forth above; if Winner Documents are not returned within the specified time period; if any prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable; if a Potential Grand Prize Winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules; or, if a Potential Grand Prize Winner cannot or does not accept the prize for any reason, the prize may be forfeited and the Potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified without compensation of any kind. In such event, an alternate Potential Grand Prize Winner may be selected in a random drawing from remaining eligible Entries and Bonus Entries received at Sponsors’ sole discretion after making reasonable efforts to contact one or more Potential Grand Prize Winners.
The persons selected by the Grand Prize Winner (as defined below) must sign and return a publicity release within the same time period as provided above for the Potential Grand Prize Winner to execute and return the Winner Documents.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”):
There will be one (1) winner of the Grand Prize (“Grand Prize Winner”). The Grand Prize Winner will receive a Virtual Meet & Greet with Martina McBride to be attended by the Grand Prize Winner and up to 4 friends/family members on one device through the Zoom app ($500 value), a $10,000 cash prize, and a Gibson J-45 Sunburst guitar signed by Martina McBride (value $2,750) (collectively, the “Grand Prize”).
GRAND PRIZE WINNER MUST BE AVAILABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE VIRTUAL MEET & GREET ON THE DATE PROPOSED BY SPONSORS. Sponsors will notify the Grand Prize Winner of the date and time of the Virtual Meet & Greet at the time they are contacted. The Virtual Meet & Greet will occur on or prior to January 31, 2021. If a Potential Grand Prize Winner is unable to attend on the date designated by Sponsors, the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected as stated above. By accepting the Grand Prize, Grand Prize Winner agrees to maintain the telephone number and e-mail address associated with their entry in order to receive notifications regarding the Grand Prize until the Grand Prize is fully awarded. By accepting the Grand Prize, Grand Prize Winner also agrees to provide his/her own device, download the Zoom app, and have access to a functioning Internet connection for participating in the Virtual Meet & Greet event.
If the Grand Prize Winner is unable to attend the Virtual Meet & Greet on the date and time specified, the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and Sponsors will have no further obligations to the Grand Prize Winner. In the event the Grand Prize Winner is able to participate in the Virtual Meet & Greet as scheduled, but the Virtual Meet & Greet does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons including but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, location changes, an event of force majeure, or for any other reason, Sponsors reserve the right to award the remainder of the Grand Prize with no further obligation to the Grand Prize Winner. The Virtual Meet & Greet is subject to, and Sponsors are not responsible for, changes to production schedules, production exigencies or delays, postponement or cancellation.
Actual Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $13,250
The Grand Prize is for the Grand Prize Winner and his/her guests, is non-transferable and cannot be extended beyond the date set forth above. The Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all other expenses not specified herein.
The Grand Prize Winner and his/her guests must follow all instructions of Sponsors relative to the Virtual Meet & Greet. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize. Should Grand Prize Winner and/or guest(s) fail to adhere to any such instructions or engage in unruly, obnoxious, illegal, threatening, or otherwise inappropriate behavior (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion), Sponsors reserve the right, without further notice or warning, to terminate the Virtual Meet & Greet experience early, as Sponsors deem appropriate in their sole discretion.
No cash alternative or Grand Prize substitutions will be allowed, except Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to substitute one or more prizes of equal or greater value for the Grand Prize or portions thereof of equal or greater value if a prize listed or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason.
All federal, state and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual final retail value of the Grand Prize.
- Conditions and Limitations of Liability: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects; and (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Upfield, Country Crock, IHM, Administrator, Instagram LLC, Aptivada, LLC, Zoom Video Communications Inc., Gibson Brands, Inc., Martina McBride, all persons involved in the production and broadcast of the Virtual Meet & Greet, each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, any entity responsible for the administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, each of the foregoing entities’ respective parent, subsidiary, related, affiliated and successor companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss, or damage, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, and/or from entrant’s acceptance, receipt, use, or misuse of the Grand Prize or any component thereof (including without limitation, any failure to pay taxes thereon).
By accepting the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner and Grand Prize Winner’s guests grant Sponsors and their designees permission to use his/her name, voice, likeness, photograph, Grand Prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence on a winner’s list (if applicable) and for programming, publicity and promotional purposes, worldwide in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsors and their designees are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsors’ discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Upon accepting the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner and the Grand Prize Winner’s guests agree to timely execute any documentation required by Sponsors related to the rights granted above. The Sweepstakes is subject to the laws of the United States only. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All Entries and Bonus Entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged.
- Disputes; Arbitration/Choice Of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the awarding of the prizes/determination of the Grand Prize Winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of JAMS, then effective (notwithstanding the foregoing, entrant shall not be precluded from seeking relief in small claims court for disputes/claims within the scope of the jurisdiction of small claims court and any remedies available to entrant under applicable federal, state or local law remain available to entrant and are not waived pursuant to this section); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket costs, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any and all rights to injunctive relief. The arbitrator hearing such dispute/claim/cause of action shall be neutral and the entrant will have a reasonable opportunity to participate in the selection of the arbitrator. Such arbitration will take place at a location near the entrant’s residence and the entrant has the right to an in-person hearing in the arbitration proceeding, if desired. The arbitration will allow for the discovery and/or exchange of non-privileged information between entrant and Sponsors. Should an entrant initiate arbitration pursuant to this section, the entrant shall be responsible for JAMS’s fees to do so (approximately, $250), with all other costs of such arbitration being borne solely by Sponsors. If entrant is a California resident and Sponsors prevail in such arbitration, such entrant will not be responsible for Sponsors’ costs and fees in conjunction with the arbitration proceeding; BUT, IN ALL OTHER CASES, ENTRANT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH COSTS/FEES IF REQUIRED BY THE ARBITRATOR’S RULING. For the avoidance of doubt, the requirement to arbitrate disputes pursuant to this section is reciprocal and binding both upon entrants and Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of New York or any other jurisdiction.
- Sponsors: Upfield US Inc., 433 Hackensack Avenue, Suite 401, Hackensack, NJ 07601; and iHeartMedia + Entertainment, Inc., 125 West 55th Street, New York, NY 10019. Country Crock®, IHM and Gibson are the registered trademarks of Upfield, IHM and Gibson Brands, Inc., respectively. All rights reserved.
- Administrator: Upfield US Inc., 433 Hackensack Avenue, Suite 401, Hackensack, NJ 07601.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram LLC, Zoom Video Communications, Inc. or Gibson Brands, Inc. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsors and the organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling and administering the Sweepstakes or supplying the prizes and not to Instagram LLC.