- Prep time10 min
- Makes 5
- 5 cups diced stale bread (3/4-inch cubes)
- 4 tablespoons Country Crock® Original Spread, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
|Energy (kcal)||466 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1948 kJ|
|Protein (g)||16.1 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||86.4 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||81.6 g|
|Sugar (g)||8.9 g|
|Fibre (g)||4.8 g|
|Fat (g)||5.6 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.2 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||3.8 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||1.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.8 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||1441 mg|
|Salt (g)||3.60 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||2 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||456 mg|
|Iron (mg)||6.33 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||211 mg|
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Position an oven rack to the center position.
- Transfer the diced stale bread to a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted Country Crock Original Spread, salt, and garlic powder. Pour the mixture over the diced bread. Stir to coat the bread cubes with the melted Country Crock.
- Spread the bread cubes over a baking sheet. Bake the bread for 18 to 20 minutes, until the croutons are golden. Stir the cubes halfway through baking.
- Let the croutons cool to room temperature. They will continue to crisp up as they cool.
- Serve the croutons with your favorite salad!