Curried Chickpea & Kale Soup
- Cooking time20 minutes
- Prep time10 minutes
- Recipe serves 6
- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil Stick , divided
- 1 large onion , chopped
- 1 piece (2-inches) fresh ginger , peeled and finely chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic , chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric (optional)
- 2 cans (15 oz. ea.) chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 oz.) lite coconut milk
- 1 package (5 oz.) baby kale
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
|Total Fat||-1.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||-1.000 g|
|Trans Fat||-1.000 g|
|Total Carbs||-1.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||-1.0 g|
|Vitamin D||-1.000 mcg|
- Melt Country Crock® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger and cook, or until onion is softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, cumin, curry powder and turmeric. Cook until onion is very tender, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Remove one cup chickpea mixture for garnish.
- Add vegetable stock and coconut milk and bring to a simmer, scraping up any bits. Cook until soup thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Blend mixture with immersion blender, or mash with a pastry cutter or potato masher.
- Add kale and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Serve soup in bowls and top with reserved chickpeas and chopped fresh cilantro or mint.