Easy Apple Cake Recipe
The sweet taste of baked apples and cinnamon combine for the perfect flavor of Fall. Try our easy and delicious Apple Cake Recipe and see for yourself!
- Cooking time55 min
- Prep time15 min
- Portions 12
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Country Crock® Buttery Sticks
- 2 cups PLUS 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 Gala apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 350°. Generously grease and flour 10-inch Bundt pan; set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Country Crock® Buttery Sticks with 2 cups of the sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately beat in flour mixture and yogurt on low speed until blended. Increase to medium speed and beat until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Combine apple, cinnamon and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in medium bowl.
- Spoon 5 cups batter into prepared pan. Top with apple mixture then remaining batter.
- Bake 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Sprinkle, if desired, with confectioners sugar.