- Cooking time30 min
- Prep time10 min
- Portions 4
- 1 1/2 lbs. plum tomatoes or vine-ripe tomatoes
- 6 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 eggs
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Cut out stem of tomatoes and score an ''X'' mark on bottom. Cook tomatoes in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, 10 minutes or until skin is blackened. Remove tomatoes from skillet. Cool, peel and chop tomatoes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in same skillet over medium heat and cook onion with jalapeno pepper, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thickened. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towels. Melt 1 tablespoon Spread in skillet over medium-high heat and cook 2 tortillas, turning once, 2 minutes or until golden. Arrange on serving plates. Repeat with 1 tablespoon Spread and remaining 2 tortillas.
- Melt 1 tablespoon Spread in same skillet and cook 2 eggs over medium heat to desired doneness. Arrange eggs on tortillas. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon Spread and 2 eggs.
- Top with tomato sauce and sprinkle, if desired, with crumbled queso fresco.
See nutrition information for saturated fat content.