Mexican Street Corn
Take fresh summer corn to a new level with our recipe for Mexican Street Corn. Country Crock Plant Butter combined with garlic, cumin and lime zest gives this side dish bright, zesty, buttery flavor. A sprinkle of cilantro and vegan Parmesan provide the finishing touch.
- Cooking time10 min
- Prep time10 min
- Portions 4
- 4 ears corn-on-the-cob
- 4 tablespoons Country Crock® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil Stick, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons grated Violife Just Like Parmesan
|Energy (kcal)||4 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||18 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.8 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.6 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.1 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.2 g|
|Fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||2 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||74 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.7 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||8 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.37 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||19 mg|
- Preheat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Peel husks from corn.*
- Combine 2 tablespoons Country Crock Plant Butter and garlic and brush on corn. Grill 10 minutes or until corn is tender and lightly charred. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining Plant Butter, lime peel and cumin in small bowl.
- Brush corn with Plant Butter mixture and then sprinkle with cilantro and Just Like Parmesan.
- Serve with lime wedges if desired.
*For a pretty presentation and to make handling hot corn easier, use the husks as handles. Remove the silk from the corn, pull the husks back to form a tail-like handle; tie with a kitchen string. Cut off excess if desired. Soak the husk "tails” in cold water doe about 10 minutes before grilling to prevent burning, or hang the husks over the edge of the grill. -To serve Street Corn as a snack or appetizer, break the corn cobs in half and skewer with wooden skewers or popsicle sticks.