Plum Crumble Cookie Bars
We love this recipe for Plum Crumble Cookie Bars because they're so easy to make. But we love it even more because they're delicious! To make these plant-based bars you just need one batter that you use for the base and the crumb topping. Plums are combined with spices and a bit of sugar for a sweet fruity layer in between.
- Cooking time50 min
- Prep time20 min
- 3 cups chopped plums or pluots (about 5 plums)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon and/or ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- pinch salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Country Crock Plant Butter® with Avocado Oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
|Energy (kcal)||2186 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||9139 kJ|
|Protein (g)||30.8 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||513.7 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||496.1 g|
|Sugar (g)||293.2 g|
|Fibre (g)||17.6 g|
|Fat (g)||4.4 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.5 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||2.4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||1.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||1.3 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||920 mg|
|Salt (g)||2.29 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||2341 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||64.4 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||272 mg|
|Iron (mg)||4.89 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||1362 mg|
- Toss plums with sugar, cornstarch, spices and salt; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Cut enough parchment so ends overhang on 2 sides so you can lift the bars out after they've cooled for easy cutting.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Cream Country Crock Plant Butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Beat in the vanilla. With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Reserve ¾ cup dough. Press remaining dough firmly into prepared pan. Spread plum mixture evenly over crust. Crumble reserved dough over plums.
- Bake 50 minutes or until fruit is bubbling and top is golden. Cool completely on wire rack. Lift crumble from pan and slice into 16 bars.