Rigatoni with Butternut Squash & Arugula
- Cooking time30 min
- Prep time15 min
- Portions 4
- 6 tablespoons Country Crock® Plant Butter with Olive Oil Tub, divided
- 1/4 cup seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups baby arugula, about 4 ounces
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
|Energy (kcal)||44 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||182 kJ|
|Protein (g)||1.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||11.3 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||9.4 g|
|Sugar (g)||2.2 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.9 g|
|Fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||295 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.74 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||10135 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||20.8 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||46 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.67 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||339 mg|
- In large nonstick skillet melt 1 tablespoon Country Crock® Plant Butter over medium-high heat. Add bread crumbs and cook stirring frequently, until golden, about 4 minutes; reserve.
- In same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Plant Butter over medium-high heat. Cook butternut squash, red onion, garlic and salt for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, 15 minutes or until mixture is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water.
- Add cooked pasta, pasta water, lemon juice and remaining 3 tablespoons Country Crock® Plant Butter and cook until heated through and a light sauce forms, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in baby arugula and basil. Sprinkle with reserved toasted bread crumbs. Season with cracked black pepper and garnish with basil leaves, if desired.