Roasted Tomato Basil Quiche
Our recipe for Roasted Tomato Basil Quiche starts with oven roasting fresh summer tomatoes to intensify their fabulous flavor. Then we use those delicious tomatoes to top a creamy custard mixture. Fresh basil is the perfect complement. Baking it in a tart pan gives this quiche an elegant look that's perfect for summer entertaining.
- Cooking time1 hr 15 min
- Prep time20 min
- Portions 8
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Plant Butter with Olive Oil Stick
- 5 to 6 tablespoons ice water
- 6 to 8 medium tomatoes, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup of your favorite vegan cheese (optional)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1 tablespoon julienned fresh basil, plus small leaves for garnish
|Energy (kcal)||137 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||572 kJ|
|Protein (g)||6.4 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||21.3 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||19.7 g|
|Sugar (g)||2.4 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.6 g|
|Fat (g)||2.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.8 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||1.6 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||1.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.7 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||95 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||187 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.47 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||848 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||11.5 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||27 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.96 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||260 mg|
- In medium bowl with pastry blender or two knives cut Country Crock Plant Butter into flour until coarse crumbs form. Add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough forms. Knead dough with floured hands and shape into disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Arrange tomatoes on parchment paper on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Bake 30 minutes or until deep red and beginning to wrinkle. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Unwrap dough and roll on lightly floured surface from center to edges to form 12-inch circle. Arrange dough in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle vegan cheese over bottom of crust. Whisk egg, oat milk and basil until well combined. Pour over cheese. Gently arrange tomato slices over egg mixture, overlapping and layering tomatoes so entire surface is covered. Sprinkle with basil leaves.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes. Lower oven to 350°F and bake 35 minutes or until the edges of the quiche have set.
- Cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Remove and let cool completely. Garnish with additional basil leaves if desired.
Be sure to cut the tomatoes at least 1/2-inch thick or they will become too fragile to handle after roasting. If you don't have a tart pan, this quiche can be made in a 9-inch pie plate.