Strawberry Rhubarb Cookie Bars
We've taken a favorite pie, strawberry rhubarb, and turned it into a soon-to-be favorite cookie bar. Our recipe for plant-based Strawberry Rhubarb Cookie Bars is super easy to make since you use the same mixture for the crust and crumb topping. We've added oats for a little extra texture and goodness.
- Cooking time50 min
- Prep time20 min
- Portions 16
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups sliced rhubarb
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Country Crock Plant Butter® with Avocado Oil
|Energy (kcal)||164 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||686 kJ|
|Protein (g)||3.2 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||36.6 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||34.5 g|
|Sugar (g)||18.7 g|
|Fibre (g)||2.1 g|
|Fat (g)||0.9 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.6 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||64 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.16 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||25 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||9.6 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||56 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.86 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||164 mg|
- Add strawberries and rhubarb to a medium mixing bowl. Toss with brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt and toss to coat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Cut enough parchment so ends overhang on 2 sides so you can lift the bars out after they've cooled for easy cutting.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Using a pastry cutter or fork, mix Country Crock Plant Butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Reserve ¾ cup dough. Press remaining dough firmly into prepared pan. Spread strawberry rhubarb mixture evenly over crust. Crumble reserved dough over fruit.
- Bake 50 minutes or until fruit is bubbling and top is golden. Cool on wire rack before lifting out and slicing into 16 bars.
You can substitute frozen rhubarb for fresh. Be sure to thaw and drain well.