One bite of this Tomato Galette and you'll taste all the flavor of summer, right in your mouth. It's the perfect recipe to take advantage of the summer's fresh tomato bounty. Caramelized onions and juicy, ripe summer tomatoes top a free form pastry crust. Fresh thyme perfectly enhances the flavor. This Tomato Galette recipe is so versatile; it's perfect for any occasion from brunch to a light dinner.
- Cooking time30 min
- Prep time20 min
- Portions 8
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Country Crock® Plant Butter with Olive Oil Stick
- 5 to 6 tablespoons ice water
- 3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons Country Crock® Plant Butter with Olive Oil Stick
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1/2 cup vegan goat cheese or your favorite vegan cheese (optional)
|Energy (kcal)||157 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||654 kJ|
|Protein (g)||6.4 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||21.6 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||20.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||2.5 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.6 g|
|Fat (g)||4.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||3.1 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||1.3 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||1.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||12 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||301 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.75 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||756 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||9.9 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||60 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.80 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||217 mg|
- In medium bowl with pastry blender or two knives cut Country Crock Plant Butter into flour until coarse crumbs form. Add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough forms. Knead dough with floured hands and shape into disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Place sliced tomatoes on paper towel and sprinkle lightly with about 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Melt Plant Butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until very tender and golden. Stir in 1 tablespoon thyme.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Unwrap dough and roll on lightly floured surface from center to edges to form 13-inch circle. Arrange dough on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle vegan cheese over pie crust, leaving a 2-inch border around edges. Top with onion mixture. Pat tomatoes with paper towel to remove excess liquid. Arrange tomatoes over onions, overlapping if necessary, then season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle with remaining thyme.
- Fold edges of crust over tomatoes overlapping when necessary. Brush edges with remaining 1 tablespoon Plant Butter, melted. Bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Remove and let cool completely.
To easily transfer Galette to serving dish, lift edges of parchment with Galette on top. Transfer to serving dish then slide parchment out from under Galette.