- Cooking time15 min
- Prep time15 min
- Portions 16
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons oat milk
- 2 eggs, room temperature, separated
- 6 tablespoons Country Crock ® Plant Butter with Avocado Oil, melted, plus more for brushing the waffle iron
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz vegan dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Toppings: crushed cereal, sprinkles, chopped roasted almonds
|Energy (kcal)||58 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||244 kJ|
|Protein (g)||2.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||10.5 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||10.2 g|
|Sugar (g)||2.4 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.3 g|
|Fat (g)||0.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||27 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||129 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.32 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||39 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||48 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.32 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||22 mg|
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oat milk, egg yolks, melted Country Crock Plant Butter, and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix a few times until combined, but still with large lumps.
- Whisk the egg whites gently with a fork then pour it into the batter. Fold the egg whites into the batter and mix until just evenly distributed and combined, with a few lumps remaining
- Preheat your waffle iron and cook the waffles according to its instructions, brushing the iron with Country Crock Plant Butter between each waffle. We recommend a stovetop Belgian waffle iron for these waffle pops. Cut or break your waffle into triangles or squares and carefully insert a popsicle stick into the bottom of each waffle piece. Transfer to a wire rack while you prepare the chocolate and toppings.
- Melt the chocolate in a double broiler or in the microwave, ensuring the chocolate doesn’t go above 90°F. This will keep it tempered so it firms up at room temperature. To temper the chocolate in the microwave, microwave the chopped chocolate for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate and microwave for another 15 seconds. Stir the chocolate and microwave for another 10 seconds. Stir the chocolate and repeat 10 second intervals until completely melted.
- Dip each waffle into the melted chocolate and transfer to a wire rack. Top with topping and let set until firm, 5-10 minutes.