Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- Portions 4
- 1 1/2 lbs. small carrots with green tops (about 6-inches long)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Trim off all but 2" of green tops of carrots; rinse and peel or scrub.
- Combine carrots, water, brown sugar, Country Crock® Spread, salt and pepper in a large skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until carrots are tender and a glaze has formed, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste, if desired.
- Top with parsley and, if desired, additional Country Crock® Spread.
TIP: One package (1 lb.) baby carrots can be substituted for the small carrots with green tops.