Country Chicken Pot Pie
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- Portions 8
- 4 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 4 cups sliced assorted vegetables, such as onions, carrots, peppers and mushrooms
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 can (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/4 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Melt 2 tablespoons Shedd's Spread Country Crock® Spread in large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken, if desired with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook until golden brown and thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Add remaining 2 tablespoons Spread and cook vegetables until tender, about 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and stir in milk and flour. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and cook until thick and creamy, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Turn chicken mixture into 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Roll out pizza crust and place on top of chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Cost per recipe*: $14.82. Cost per serving*: $ 1.85. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.