Country Fresh Quiche
A favorite of Martina McBride's that’s a total crowd pleaser–and surprisingly easy to make. Just add Country Crock® into the skillet and sauté your favorite veggies.
- Cooking time50 min
- Prep time30 min
- Portions 6
- 1/2 (14.1 -ounce) package refrigerated pie crust
- 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (optional)
|Energy (kcal)||270 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1130 kJ|
|Protein (g)||11.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||17.7 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||16.8 g|
|Sugar (g)||1.3 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.9 g|
|Fat (g)||17.5 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||8.8 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||7.3 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||5.8 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||1.5 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||86 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||565 mg|
|Salt (g)||1.41 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||1247 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||7.1 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||264 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.02 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||237 mg|
- Preheat the oven to 425 degress.
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp. Prick bottom and sides of piecrust with a fork.
- Line pastry with aluminum foil, and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake for 7 minutes. Remove the weights and foil, and bake 3 to 4 more minutes or until edges are golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 400°F.
- While pie crust is cooking, heat Country Crock Spread in a large skillet over medium heat. Add green onions and cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and salt and cook 5 minutes or until tomatoes are softened.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add spinach and cook 2 minutes or until just wilted.
- Whisk together eggs, egg white and half-and-half in a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over bottom of pastry shell. Top with 1⁄2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, vegetable mixture, oregano and basil. Pour the egg mixture over top. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, shielding crust with aluminum foil, if necessary.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.